Become a stem cell donor
You can join the register to become a potentially life-saving stem cell donor here. This process is:
- Anonymous: You won’t know who the recipient of your stem cells is, and they won’t know who donated them.
- Informed: You will be fully informed about the donation, the procedure and any risks involved. You can then make a decision based on that information. It is your legal right to change your mind and withdraw from the process at any time.
- Free: Donations are not compensated, financially or otherwise. We do have insurance in place, to cover any physical damage that may occur as a result of your donation.
- Helping patients across the world: Joining the donor register means you can be called upon to help patients in Belgium as well as abroad.
- Long term: It can take years before your stem cells are matched to a patient and you are called upon to make a donation. We therefore hope to be able to count on you for a long time to come.
- Hit the button below to start registration. We will ask you a few questions to determine whether you are a suitable donor.
- If the test shows you are eligible to donate, we will invite you to complete the online registration form.
Start your registration
What happens next?
- You will be invited to a center for a consultation with a doctor and a sample collection, which we will use to determine your tissue type. You have been invited to your registration. What happens next?
- Your data will be stored in the Belgian Bone Marrow Donor Registry. What happens to your data in the Belgian registry?
- Next, it is just a case of waiting to see if you will be called upon to be a donor. You have been called upon for stem cell donation, what happens next?